Communications and Positioning
- Evaluating approaches to communications, branding, and organizational positioning.
- Articulating institutional missions, program goals, and other priorities to reach diverse audiences
- Advising on the design of communications materials and positioning venues
- Conducting research to assess external perceptions, marketplace position, brand identity, institutional visibility, reputation, and clarity of mission/goals
- Researching, writing, and overseeing production of a wide range of communications materials
- Synthesizing academic research into reports for non-academic audiences
Bloomberg Associates – Conceptualized and created a guide for cities to use in replicating New York City’s “Young Male Initiative,” the model for President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper program
Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation – Analyzed and synthesized data from a national study and wrote report that was featured in numerous news outlets.
Cricket Island Foundation – Strategic communications planning
EdVestors – Researched and wrote case study for multi-year citywide arts education collaborative; advised on communications strategy.
Foundation Center/GrantCraft – Research and authored four GrantCraft guides on funder collaboratives, funder advocacy collaboratives, funders working with government, and participatory grantmaking.
Evelyn & Walter Haas, Jr. Fund – Researched, assessed and reported on new approaches to fundraising.
Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees/NEO Philanthropy – Designed and oversaw national study about nonprofits’ use of digital technologies. Analyzed results and wrote report/other articles.
New York Foundation – Developed communications and positioning strategy.