Program Design and Management
- Designing new programs and developing implementation plans
- Evaluating program effectiveness and other institutional initiatives
- Designing evaluation plans for new and existing programs or initiatives
- Assessing the feasibility of new programs and initiatives
- Assisting in program management and implementation
Examples of client work:
Barr Foundation – Redesigned proposal application process for all programs based on grantee feedback. Assessed and made recommendations for existing and new programs.
Case Foundation – Designed national online grantmaking initiative involving the public in all facets of the grantmaking process; featured in the New York Times and Chronicle of Philanthropy.
Fidelity Charitable Trustees’ Initiative – Design of new grantmaking strategy/process on social sector infrastructure strengthening.
Ford Foundation – Developed new initiative on participatory grantmaking.
Eugene & Agnes Meyer Foundation – Served as an interim program officer for education program over a two-year period.
Oak Foundation – Assessed participatory grantmaking practice across the foundation, developed a typology to use in ongoing evaluation, and recommended strategies for expanding this work.